Thursday, November 8, 2012

bienvenue à mon blog!

Salut and welcome to my blog!

By way of a brief introduction, my name is Megan and as of right now, I am halfway through my student teaching experience at a high school in Southeastern Michigan. I teach French to students of all levels, from beginners through Advanced Placement. It's been a crazy ride so far, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Teaching is my place in life, and I'm thrilled to finally be able to share my love of the French language and culture with my students. 

As you can see, my blog's title is Tales from the salle de classe, which means simply "Tales from the classroom" in French. While I won't be detailing my daily activities in this blog, I do hope to include some stories/anecdotes from my students, the methods and activities I use in my classroom (both effective and ineffective - teaching is always a learning experience for the teacher, too!), as well as current issues facing students and educators. My hope is that this blog will be both informative and entertaining, and that I can help create a community of individuals who can learn from one another. 

Because I'm still in the beginning stages of my career, I can offer a lot of advice for soon-to-be student teachers, and others considering a career in the field of education. 

So, as I say often to my students, if you have questions, posez-les - and let the blogging commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment